About the test
For admission into the LPN program, CSPN uses a proprietary exam which covers reading comprehension and basic math.
The reading comprehension and math portions are each 45 minutes in length, and each requires a score of 67% or higher to pass.
The math portion consists of 27 basic math problems including:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions
- Multiplication of whole numbers in word problems
- Determining the value of fractions
- Calculating the specified percentage of a whole number
- Comparing the values of decimals and rounding
- Converting from fraction to percent, and from percent to decimal
CSPN will provide a calculator for you to use.
Note: You may take/retake the math portion of the test twice per enrollment period.
How to register for the entrance exam
Register and pay online to reserve a seat on the date and time of your choice
– OR –
Register and pay in person if paying via cash or money order.
The entrance exam fee ($40) is non-refundable
Note: Limited walk-in seats may or may not be available on the day of the test. We regret that we cannot accept personal checks for the entrance exam fee.REGISTER TODAY
Preparing for the exam
For the reading comprehension portion, it may be helpful to read and study from any book that has reading comprehension practice questions. (Example: A GED review book.)
For the math portion of the exam, check out our math resources for additional practice.