About the test
For admission into the LPN program, CSPN uses a proprietary exam which covers reading comprehension and basic math.
The reading comprehension and math portions are each 45 minutes in length, and each requires a score of 73% or higher to pass.
The math portion consists of 27 basic math problems including:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions
- Multiplication of whole numbers in word problems
- Determining the value of fractions
- Calculating the specified percentage of a whole number
- Comparing the values of decimals and rounding
- Converting from fraction to percent, and from percent to decimal
CSPN will provide a calculator for you to use.
Note: You may take/retake the math portion of the test twice per enrollment period.
How to register for the entrance exam
Register and pay online to reserve a seat on the date and time of your choice
The entrance exam fee ($40) is non-refundableREGISTER TODAY
Preparing for the exam
For the reading comprehension portion, it may be helpful to read and study from any book that has reading comprehension practice questions. (Example: A GED review book.)
For the math portion of the exam, check out our math resources for additional practice.