About the test
For admission into the LPN program, CSPN uses a proprietary exam which covers reading comprehension and basic math.
The reading comprehension is 60 minutes in length, and the math portion is 45 minutes in length.
Each section requires a score of 70% or higher to pass.
Applicants have one attempt to pass each section (reading comprehension and math) of the exam.
Applicants requiring testing accommodation(s) must email email@example.com with a letter from a provider explaining the diagnosis and the accommodation requested. The letter must be emailed at least 72 hours before the exam is scheduled.
The math portion consists of 27 basic math problems including:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions
- Multiplication of whole numbers in word problems
- Determining the value of fractions
- Calculating the specified percentage of a whole number
- Comparing the values of decimals and rounding
- Converting from fraction to percent, and from percent to decimal
CSPN will provide a calculator for you to use.
How to register for the entrance exam
Register and pay online to reserve a seat on the date and time of your choice
The entrance exam is free for the April enrollment periodREGISTER TODAY
Preparing for the exam
For the reading comprehension portion, it may be helpful to read and study from any book that has reading comprehension practice questions. (Example: A GED review book.)
For the math portion of the exam, check out our math resources for additional practice.