We understand it may be challenging to start a new chapter and go back to school — that’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’re looking for more information about CSPN, download our brochure and contact us if you have any questions.
5 steps to apply to CSPN’s LPN Program:
- Once you confirm you meet the application requirements, applicants must take and pass the entrance exam. Check out our next available entrance exam dates.
- Attend a pre-entrance information session. This session will go over more information about the LPN program and the financial requirements. In addition, you will receive program application materials as well as financial aid forms.
- Complete and submit all application, enrollment, and financial aid requirements as directed by the school. This includes the school application, obtaining transcripts; background (BCI) check ($30), drug test ($37); and the Student Nursing Perspective. Submit these materials to the school, in person, or by mail. There is a $30 non-refundable processing fee.
- If you receive a letter of acceptance into the program, you will need to reserve your seat in the class by paying a non-refundable seat guarantee fee ($350) no later than the date given in the acceptance letter (about 10 days after acceptance into the program).
- Start LPN classes!
- Pre-entrance exam – reading comprehension and math. Requires a minimum score of 67% on each section to pass.
- An applicant may re-take only the math portion of the test once per enrollment period.
- CSPN pre-entrance exam scores are proprietary and non-transferrable.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age to sit for the entrance exam
- High school graduate with official transcript or official GED results.
- High school GPA of 2.0 is required, unless college GPA meets or exceeds 2.0
- GED results will be reviewed and considered according to test series
- Prospective students with an online high school transcript/diploma must have a minimum of six academic college-level courses from an accredited college, completed after high school. ESL courses will not be accepted as part of the six college courses.
- College transcript(s) – official, or a copy of the official transcript
- Student Nursing Perspective (writing sample)
- Proof of medical insurance
- Background check (BCI – $30) through Integrity Verifications
- BCI report must not contain any convictions other than traffic violations, DUI/OVI and disorderly conduct
- Drug screening: All applicants must a submit a drug test through Integrity Verifications ($37) at the time of the BCI. CSPN has a zero tolerance policy and drug test results must be negative.
Applicants are required to attend an applicant information session, whereby the applicant is given an Application Packet and Financial Aid Packet. Contents of the packet are presented by the Director of Operations and the Chief Financial Aid Officer. To be considered for enrollment, the applicant must submit the information listed above (Application Requirements). Each applicant is reviewed on an individual basis by the Admissions and Promotions Committee. The Admissions and Promotions Committee does not guarantee enrollment, as CSPN is a private, non-profit school, and reserves the right to select the best candidates.
- Physical exam, including immunization records or titers
- Two-step TB test, or bloodwork test
- CPR certification
- Signed Enrollment Agreement
Statement on Non-Discrimination
CSPN is committed to diversity and inclusion, and adheres to all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and any other protected classifications under federal, state or local law. CSPN does not consider any applicant’s protected classification in making admission or other decisions relating to students.
CSPN will not tolerate any form of hazing (harassment, abuse, and/or humiliation) of any faculty, administrator, student, or staff member. Student(s) will be subject to immediate dismissal should an event occur on campus, through social media, or any other means directly associated with CSPN.
Reviewed 1/14, 1/15, 9/16, 1/17, 9/17, 8/18
CSPN reserves the right to accept only the best applicants.