We understand it may be challenging to start a new chapter and go back to school — that’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’re looking for more information about CSPN, download our brochure and contact us if you have any questions.
5 steps to apply to CSPN’s LPN Program:
- Applicants must fill out the eligibility criteria form as the first step in the on-line application process.
- Financial Aid information is available on the CSPN website. Please see information about the financial requirements. For assistance with Financial Aid, contact Thomas Vickroy, Financial Aid Officer at email@example.com.
- Complete and submit the online application, and financial aid requirements. This includes the school application, submitting transcripts; background (BCI) check ($30), drug test ($40); and the Student Nursing Perspective. Submit these materials via the online application process.
- If you receive a letter of acceptance into the program, a $500 Administration Fee: $300 of which will be due within 10 days of acceptance into the program. Financial Aid guidebook will be included in your acceptance packet.
- Eligibility Criteria Form (ECF) found online is completed by the applicant.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age to apply to the program.
- Applicant must currently be an Ohio resident
- If English is not applicant’s first language, applicant must have taken the TOEFL iBT within the past 2 years, and achieved a minimum score of:
- 18 listening
- 18 reading
- 26 speaking
- 17 writing
- High school graduate with official transcript or official GED results.
- High school GPA of 2.0 is required, unless college GPA meets or exceeds 2.0
- GED results will be reviewed and considered according to test series
- If an applicant’s high school grades/GPA were achieved in another country, they must be translated to English prior to submission (translated at applicant’s expense). CSPN does not offer translation services.
- Prospective students with an online high school transcript/diploma must have a minimum of six academic college-level courses from an accredited college, completed after high school. ESL courses will not be accepted as part of the six college courses.
- College transcript(s) – official, or a copy of the official transcript
- Student Nursing Perspective (writing sample)
- Proof of medical insurance
- Signed Statistical Data Form
- Background check and Drug Screening (BCI – $30 / Drug Screening – $40) through Integrity Verifications
- Applicant that has not lived in Ohio for the past 5 years, will also have to complete a federal background check (FBI) in addition to a State criminal background check (BCI screening).
- BCI report must not contain any convictions other than traffic violations, DUI/OVI and disorderly conduct (no weapon involvement).
- Drug screening: All applicants must a submit a drug test through Integrity Verifications ($40) at the time of the BCI. CSPN has a zero tolerance policy and drug test results must be negative.
To be considered for enrollment, the applicant must submit the information listed above by applying online, and following all instructions. Each applicant is reviewed on an individual basis by the Admissions and Promotions Committee. The Admissions and Promotions Committee does not guarantee enrollment, as CSPN is a private, non-profit school, and reserves the right to select the best candidates.
Enrollment Requirements (for enrolled Students only)
- Physical exam, including immunization records or titers
- Two-step TB test, or bloodwork test
- CPR certification
- COVID vaccine is mandated in order to attend clinicals as a student at CSPN
- Signed Enrollment Agreement
- Signed Ohio Disclosure Statement
- Signed Administrative Forms
- Working knowledge of computer(s)
- Access to laptop/WIFI/Smartphone
Statement on Non-Discrimination
CSPN is committed to diversity and inclusion, and adheres to all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and any other protected classifications under federal, state or local law. CSPN does not consider any applicant’s protected classification in making admission or other decisions relating to students.
Special Needs of Students with Disabilities:
If an applicant or student feels he/she needs academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services, he/she is to contact the School’s Disability and Section 504 Coordinator, Wendy J. Staffilino at 4700 Rockside Road, Independence, Ohio 44131, (216) 901-4400 x 104, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full policy disclosure, please visit the Students and Disability Services section on our Student Services page.
CSPN will not tolerate any form of hazing (harassment, abuse, and/or humiliation) of any faculty, administrator, student, or staff member. Student(s) will be subject to immediate dismissal should an event occur on campus, through social media, or any other means directly associated with CSPN.
Reviewed 1/14, 1/15, 9/16, 1/17, 9/17, 8/18, 4/20
CSPN reserves the right to accept only the best applicants.