We understand it may be challenging to start a new chapter and go back to school — that’s why we’re here to help you every step of the way. If you’re looking for more information about CSPN, download our brochure and contact us if you have any questions.
First steps to apply to CSPN’s LPN Program:
- Applicants will schedule an entrance exam online – click here to schedule. Entrance exams are in-person. Entrance Exam is waived for applicants meeting one of the following criteria: * Applicant with a minimum of a two or four-year degree from an accredited college * HESI scores reflecting a minimum score of a 70% both in reading and math (up to 3 years) * ACT reflecting a minimum score of a 19 for math and a 20 for reading (up to 3 years) * WorkKeys reflecting a minimum score of a 3 (72-75 scale) in math and a minimum score of a 4 (76-77 scale) in reading Official test scores, and/or transcripts must be mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants with passing scores will attend an information session the day of the exam.
- Once an applicant has passed the exam, he/she may will be emailed a link to the application and may proceed with applying.
- Submit online application
- Upload typed responses to essay questions
- Upload Official High School Transcripts or Official GED **(college transcripts are optional, but strongly encouraged if you have not met the minimum 2.5 GPA required for high school transcripts)
- Applicant will complete background screening, and drug screening at Integrity Verifications. Cost is $80 (payable directly to Integrity Verifications). Applicant will receive information via email, once application has been submitted.
- Applicants must pass both sections of the entrance exam with a 68% or better on the math portion and a 70% or better on reading comprehension.
- Entrance Exam is waived for applicants meeting one of the following criteria: * Applicant with a minimum of a two or four-year degree from an accredited college * HESI scores reflecting a minimum score of a 70% both in reading and math (up to 3 years) * ACT reflecting a minimum score of a 19 for math and a 20 for reading (up to 3 years) * WorkKeys reflecting a minimum score of a 3 (72-75 scale) in math and a minimum score of a 4 (76-77 scale) in reading Official test scores, and/or Transcripts must be mailed or emailed to email@example.com
- Eligibility Criteria Form (ECF) found online is completed by the applicant.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age to apply to the program.
- Applicant must currently be an Ohio resident
- If English is not applicant’s first language, applicant must have taken the TOEFL iBT within the past 2 years, and achieved a minimum score of:
- 18 listening
- 18 reading
- 26 speaking
- 17 writing
- High school graduate with official transcript or official GED results.
- High school GPA of 2.5 is required, unless college GPA meets or exceeds 2.5
- GED results will be reviewed and considered according to test series
- If an applicant’s high school grades/GPA were achieved in another country, they must be translated to English prior to submission (translated at applicant’s expense). CSPN does not offer translation services.
- Prospective students with an online high school transcript/diploma must have a minimum of six academic college-level courses from an accredited college, completed after high school (or transcripts from an approved OSBCCS online high school). ESL courses will not be accepted as part of the six college courses.
- College transcript(s) – official, or a copy of the official transcript
- Student Nursing Perspective (writing sample)
- Proof of medical insurance
- Signed Statistical Data Form
- Background check and Drug Screening (BCI – $40 / Drug Screening – $40) through Integrity Verifications
- Applicant that has not lived in Ohio for the past 5 years, will also have to complete a federal background check (FBI) at the same time as the State criminal background check (BCI screening).
- BCI report must not contain any convictions other than traffic violations, DUI/OVI and disorderly conduct (no weapon involvement).
- Drug screening: All applicants must a submit a drug test through Integrity Verifications ($40) at the time of the BCI. CSPN has a zero tolerance policy and drug test results must be negative.
To be considered for enrollment, the applicant must submit the information listed above by applying online, and following all instructions. Each applicant is reviewed on an individual basis by the Admissions and Promotions Committee. The Admissions and Promotions Committee does not guarantee enrollment, as CSPN is a private, non-profit school, and reserves the right to select the best candidates.
Enrollment Requirements (for accepted Students only)
- Physical exam
- Immunization records or titers for Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and Hep B
- Two-step TB test, or bloodwork test
- BLS/CPR for Healthcare
- COVID vaccine and flu shot are required
- Signed Enrollment Agreement
- Signed Ohio Disclosure Statement
- Signed Administrative Forms
- Working knowledge of computer(s)
- Access to laptop/WIFI/Smartphone
Statement on Non-Discrimination
CSPN is committed to diversity and inclusion, and adheres to all applicable laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and any other protected classifications under federal, state or local law. CSPN does not consider any applicant’s protected classification in making admission or other decisions relating to students.
The Title IX Coordinator, Wendy J. Staffilino, can be reached at (firstname.lastname@example.org). She has been trained through NACUA’s online live session training course.
Special Needs of Students with Disabilities:
If an applicant or student feels he/she needs academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services, he/she is to contact the School’s Disability and Section 504 Coordinator, Wendy J. Staffilino at 4700 Rockside Road, Independence, Ohio 44131, (216) 901-4400 x 104, email@example.com. For the filing of a Title IX grievance, contact the Title IX Coordinator, Wendy. J Staffilino.
For full policy disclosure, please visit the Students and Disability Services section on our Student Services page.
CSPN will not tolerate any form of hazing (harassment, abuse, and/or humiliation) of any faculty, administrator, student, or staff member. Student(s) will be subject to immediate dismissal should an event occur on campus, through social media, or any other means directly associated with CSPN.
Reviewed 1/14, 1/15, 9/16, 1/17, 9/17, 8/18, 4/20
CSPN reserves the right to accept only the best applicants.